“Helpful” Tips for a Thanksgiving with Wine
- Posted on
- Posted in argentina, Australia, chardonnay, france, Malbec, mouvedre, pinot noir, Sauvignon Blanc, spain, verdejo
• Thanksgiving Eve, remember to set your scales back 10 pounds.
• The best thing about cooking for Thanksgiving is that you get to open wine at 8:00 am.
• The most important ingredient to any Thanksgiving dish is adding wine to the cook.
• A day will come when we eat reasonably healthy foods in modest portions, but this Thanksgiving isn’t that day.
- Our favorite Thanksgiving dish is wine.
- Some peoples serve white wine with Thanksgiving and others serve red. We merely say we prefer “lots” of wine.
- Eat Pie, Be Thankful, Drink Wine.
- Wear your stretchy pants. Thank us later.
- Our favorite part of Thanksgiving is when we go into a food coma and nap.
- As long as we have wine, we’ll be fine.
- Thanksgiving is the day that we are very thankful for several bottles of wine.
- Our dietary request for Thanksgiving is wine.
- May photos of your Thanksgiving wine and food perform well on Facebook and Instagram.
- We are thankful for wine.
- Be thankful for a family that loves food and wine as much as you do.
- Any guesses on which family member will be scoping out the early Black Friday sales on their cell phone in the bathroom on Thanksgiving Day?
- Thanksgiving is the day to observe how people communicated before the internet.
- Which wine pairs beautifully with difficult family members? All of them.
- No, we aren’t going Black Friday shopping, we are staying home and protecting (ahem, eating/drinking) the leftover food and wine. Who is with us?
We appreciate your business and wish you a Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, and delicious food and wine.
Join City Vino, in store, for these tastings this holiday week:
Wednesday November 24, from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm – “Wines from Burgundy with a Kiss”
- Non-vintage Maison Albert Bichot Crémant de Bourgogne Brut Réserve, from Burgundy in France
- 2019 Louis Max Beaucharme Chardonnay from Burgundy in France
- 2019 Louis Max Beaucharme Pinot Noir from Burgundy in France
- 2020 Chateau La Mothe du Barry Cuvée French Kiss from the Entre Deux Mers in France.
Saturday November 27, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm – “Small Business Saturday with Jeremy Sutton of Kysela Pere et Fils”
- 2019 Les Gentilhommes Chardonnay from the Mâcon-Péronne in France
- 2018 Thorn-Clarke Wines Mataro Hoffman DV Single Vineyard from Barossa in Australia
- 2017 Chakana Winery 4 Gatos Locos Malbec from the Valle de Uco in Mendoza, Argentina
- Non-vintage Palacio de Bornos Frizzante Verdejo Castilla y León in Spain
Be the first to comment...